Saturday, March 10, 2018

Getting Excited!

It's been a whirlwind around here lately!  I'm halfway through my final semester as an Undergrad - the end is in sight!  But I have a couple of big events coming up related to my project.

On March 18th I will be presenting a workshop at the Michigan Reading Association's Annual Conference.  You can check out information about the conference here.  I am so excited for the opportunity to share these books with educators that have the direct ability to put them into the hands of kids!  Plus, I can't wait to listen to some of the other presenters and maybe even meet some of my writing idols like Jason Reynolds, Lois Lowry or Sharon Draper!

On March 23rd I will be presenting at Eastern Michigan's Undergraduate Symposium.  This event is open to the public and I highly suggest coming to check it out if you have the opportunity.  Event details can be found here   I am personally presenting at 9:15am, but the event lasts all day.  I had the opportunity on Tuesday night to touch base with some of the other presenters at a workshop and the plethora of information covering a wide variety of disciplines is mind-boggling.   I am so proud to be part of this event again this year.

On a more personal note, my journey in Children's Literature is far from over.  In December I was officially accepted into Eastern's Children's Literature Master's program!  This week I also was offered a full-time Graduate Assistantship position of which it took me all of a nano-second to shout YES to!  I will be an instructor of a section of First-Year Writing as well as serving as a TA in an Introduction to Children's Literature lecture. 

I've got a couple other books I hope to get up and posted this week, so keep an eye out for that.  If you'd like further information on either of these events, send me an email!

No comments:

Post a Comment